Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A long whistle.

I had another awkward exchange with a driver at a crosswalk on the way to work this morning. He and I both gave each other the "go ahead" signal but both decided not to make good on our allowances. We both did our own performance art styled impressions of acting out the idea of "stationary entrapment." I felt like smoking a clove cigarette afterwards.

If there's anything in Columbus that I have yet to master, it is the act of crossing the street at a four way stop. It would be safe to say that I have these types of interactions everyday on the way to and from work.

My walk to work is fairly short, about twenty minutes. It's nice because I take a route that is mostly mild when it comes to traffic and I get the joy everyday of walking through the park which is really nice now with it's spring blossoms. My favorite part of the trip is when I walk past the elementary school mostly due to the fact that after school I usually get to see a child giving their parent(s) a hard time or misbehaving. I don't care who you are, it's always funny to see a child or a dog misbehave.

When I walked past the school today, I spotted a scooter sitting outside the door. The sight inspired me to write a poem or something (I don't know if it's technically a poem).


I am trust. I am the innocence of youth.
You may always rely on me though some may forget me.
I am here for you and if you ever leave I will always wait for your return.

No comments: